Observations from a full-time stay-at-home Dad, part-time adventure seeker, and recent transplant to Down East Maine.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Turning The Page

This past weekend I drove back down to Nashua, NH to attend (and help administrate) my running clubs Annual Awards Dinner. And, I have to admit, it was a very bittersweet trip for me.

I was extremely happy to see many of my friends again and enjoy a fun meal together. And, I love being able to give out awards and say nice things about some truly phenomenal people. But, in the back of my mind, I knew that this dinner would be the end of my duties with the club. And, that when the evening was over, I'd be leaving town again with no real plans to return.


I've been the Competition Coordinator for the Gate City Striders for 12 seasons and it's been a wonderfully rewarding experience. We've accomplished a lot in that time frame and I feel blessed to have been a small part of it. I've shared my feelings about the club, and what it's done for the community, many times. Most notably Here, Here and Here.

I will dearly miss being an active member of GCS, but I know that I’m leaving the club in the very capable hands of an awesome group of highly motivated individuals who will no doubt take us to the next level. But, still, it's hard to walk away from something I loved so much. And people who made my life worth living.

So, as I got in my car and headed north once more, I couldn't help but feel like I was closing a chapter, of sorts. What will the next chapter bring? Who knows. But, if it's anything like the last, I will be a very lucky man indeed!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment