Observations from a full-time stay-at-home Dad, part-time adventure seeker, and recent transplant to Down East Maine.

Friday, January 8, 2016

Oh Canada!

I've been making twice yearly trips to New Brunswick, Canada since 2003, when I first started dating my then girlfriend (now wife) Johanne.

From Nashua, on a good day, in normal driving conditions, with one potty break, it's about a 7 hour drive to Fredericton, where my wife's family is from. I've done it in as little as 6, with no breaks, and going significantly faster than the posted speed limit. And, I've done it in as many as 10, in a snow/ice storm, with many potty breaks, to check my pants.


Now, when we leave from our new home in Ellsworth, it's about a 3 hour drive. So, we're more than halfway (from our previous starting spot) before we even start. We're closer to New Brunswick than we are to New Hampshire! Heck, we're so close to Canada, we even have a Tim Hortons. Right here in town.
 

Pretty cool, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment