Observations from a full-time stay-at-home Dad, part-time adventure seeker, and recent transplant to Down East Maine.

Friday, January 22, 2016

Fun Daddy

One of the great things about being a stay-at-home Dad is all the extra time I get to spend with the kids. They step off the bus at 2:50pm most days (and 1:50pm on Fridays) so that's 3 to 4 bonus hours every day to do something with them. 

Sometimes these things we do are play oriented: Lego building, craft making, game playing, or exploring the shoreline. Other times these things we do are more chore oriented: Grocery shopping, errand running, house cleaning, or working on homework.

Either way, I try to make whatever we do fun and enjoyable. Sometimes it's not always possible. Especially the homework part. But, I do my best and I think they appreciate that. At least I hope they do. Or will, Someday.

Anyway, I feel very fortunate to have this time to spend with them every day. I know, from first hand experience, that kids grow up all to quickly. And, before you realize it, they're leaving home and living in California. Which is very far.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment