Observations from a full-time stay-at-home Dad, part-time adventure seeker, and recent transplant to Down East Maine.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Killing Time in Bangor

While Emily attended February Vacation Art Camp all week, I was tasked with keeping Ethan occupied. All week. In the middle of winter. In Bangor. And, let me tell you, that was no easy task.

Bangor, like most places in and around Down East Maine, slows down during the wintertime. And, the fun things that aren't closed usually don't open until after lunch. So, that left us with very few options. But, we got creative and made the most of what fun there was to be had.


We went bowling (twice) - once with ten-pin (big ball) and once with candle-pin (little ball). We went to the mall. We went to the airport. We went to Tim Horton's, Dunkin' Donuts AND Starbucks. We went to two arcades, a bouncy house park, and the museum.

I think the week was a moderate success, and even my hard-to-please son begrudgingly acknowledged as much. But, needless to say, I'll be quite happy when school starts again. I need a vacation from this vacation.















 





No comments:

Post a Comment