Observations from a full-time stay-at-home Dad, part-time adventure seeker, and recent transplant to Down East Maine.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Endless Pastabilities

As the primary dinner-maker for the household, I'm always looking for new things to cook. There are only so many times you can make spaghetti, hamburgers, tacos, fish sticks and chicken strips without having a dietary revolt on your hands. So, once a week, I like to try something new to add to my under-stocked culinary arsenal. This week, that new thing was Lasagna.

I don't know why I chose Lasagna. Something just drew my hand to that particular cut of pasta in the grocery store, when I was instinctively reaching for angel hair. Anyway, the Lasagna noodles ended up in the cart and were destined for that night's dinner plate.

I followed the fairly simple recipe on the outside of the noodle box (thankfully, I managed to remember to grab all the required ingredients before leaving the store earlier in the day) and voila! At 5:35pm, on Monday February 8th, my first Lasagna was born. It came in at a whopping 5 1/2 pounds, had a beautiful golden topping, and was delicious!

The best part? I made enough to have two additional meals. One for later this week, and one (frozen) for another tight-on-time dinner in the future. Three meals for the effort of one. How awesome is that?









1 comment:

  1. Get a crock pot. You can cook an old leather shoe in there and it will come out good if you add the right sauce and spices. Easiest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete