Observations from a full-time stay-at-home Dad, part-time adventure seeker, and recent transplant to Down East Maine.

Monday, December 14, 2015

How We Got Here From There


In September of 2015, my wife Johanne was offered (and accepted) a position as Senior Vice President of Audit at Bar Harbor Bank & Trust. So, we sold our home in Nashua, New Hampshire (where we had lived for 12 years), packed up the family (in two separate moving vans) and relocated 4 ½ hours “Down East” to Ellsworth, Maine (where we knew not a soul). In doing so, I quit my full-time job in Architecture to care for our two small children, and hopefully to have a little free time to explore our new and stunningly beautiful surroundings.


Through this blog, I hope to document what I discover here and I further hope that it will be of some amusement to someone other than me.  So please… sit back, relax, and join me on my journey through Permanent Vacationland.


No comments:

Post a Comment