Observations from a full-time stay-at-home Dad, part-time adventure seeker, and recent transplant to Down East Maine.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Common Beauty

This corner of Maine is filled with such natural beauty that I wonder, to a certain extent, if it becomes commonplace to the people who have lived here for a while.

Thankfully, I'm not one of those people just yet, so every trip to someplace new is a unique opportunity for me to experience something randomly beautiful. 

Take for example my visit to Blue Hill today. I had some time to kill between appointments so I took off down a road I'd never driven before. And, lo and behold, I see this out my driver side window.


Just a random island on the edge of Blue Hill Bay. Probably doesn't even have a name. Locals most likely refer to it as island #1,375,601 - if they even refer to it at all. But, to me, it was so strikingly beautiful that I just had to stop and snap a picture of it.

Here's to hoping we never get so comfortable here as to find this view to be anything less than extraordinary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment